- High seller expectations for REO asset at excellent location near high-performing regional mall.
- Second generation replacement anchors HH Greg & Gander Mountain lacked credit.
- Functional obsolescence of enclosed mall shops resulted in under-performance.
- Outdated movie theater lacked credit, but required significant LL renovation contribution.
- High expectations based on quality of location, but encumbered by current leases.
- Vintage physical plant was dated with deferred maintenance.
- Broadly expose the property to regional buyers who would appreciate value of the location.
- Highlight upside opportunity to offset capex and lack of anchor tenant credit.
- Provide a buyer with the vision to improve the property to unlock value.
- Exploit the strength of underlying demographics – home of world’s largest military installation.
- Created a competitive marketing campaign to drive value and certainty of execution.
- Leveraged a National and Northeast buyer to decrease contingencies and drive price.
- Closed the asset in a 45-day period despite negative anchor tenant news.
- Exceeded BOV price by attracting a well-capitalized buyer who successfully redeveloped asset.
Key Colliers Services
- Colliers Institutional Services
- Colliers Private Capital Services
- Colliers Single Tenant & Portfolio Disposition Services
- Colliers Retail Leasing Services
- Colliers Property Management Services
- Colliers Debt & Equity Services
- Colliers Valuation & Appraisal Services
- Colliers Marketing & Client Services
More Success Stories
Institutional Seller with strong expectations. Not main and main within the market. Restrictions on fully marketing the asset. Short timing to sell the property. Record cap rate for the Pacific Northwest. Sold to an exchange buyer off market that was based in Beverly Hills. Delivered again for one of our top clients. Help us take the top spot for grocery sales in 2020.
Top performing Kroger grocery store coupled with Kmart anchor on eve of bankruptcy. Underperforming shop tenant performance and new development competition. Northward market migration and residential growth. How to get value for Kmart space with limited prospects to backfill 100,000 SF. Kroger controlled redevelopment via site plan modification approvals.
The asset was an REO life-style center having suffered neglect during foreclosure cycle. Economic performance suffered due to co-tenancy and ineffective property management. Bifurcated ownership of Phases I, II & III contributed to operating inefficiencies. Loss mitigation challenge to liquidate and recover as much of original $57mm debt as feasible.
Find An Expert
Connect With Our Specialists
Join Our Network
Stay up to date with the latest Commercial Real Estate Investment Market Trends & Opportunities nationwide.